Deleting "<=" from a number

peterfitz

• I am transferring test results accross three computer systems - the first remote computer generates test results which are exported to an Excel sheet which I receive.
  • I get test results in column A
  • The results may vary in the number of characters. Numeric range will be between 1000.0 down to 0.675
  • Typical figures:
<=0.675

• Using third part software, Column B converts these numbers to a barcode.
  • The sheet is then printed.
  • The barcodes in column B are then used to scan the test results into another computer system which does not recognize the 'less than or equal to' notation.
How can I remove the "<=" where it exists, such that the barcode generated will read only the remaining digits? in the example above, <=0.675 should display 0.675

I have rounded up the usual suspects such as left$, find, substitute, custom formatting etc, but can't get it to work as I need.

I don't want to generate another column (if possible), i.e, I'd like to display the final result in it's original cell.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
You should be able to do find and replace and replace with nothing assuming that isn't anywhere else in the sheet?

Upvote 0
True, and this works. However, the data will ultimately be entered by those not too familiar with Excel, so I am trying to automate the process as much as possible, and also lock it down so results dont get altered unintentionally.

If push came to shove I could have them run short macro, but I was hoping for a formula solution which would require no intervention on their part. For example could the 'find and replace' function be worded into a IF -Then_else formula?

Peter

Upvote 0
If you use an if statement, you are still going to need to use another column won't you?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back