Deleting Hidden Macros - Solution!!!

gaby58

Good morning all,

Just happend to be infected with macro even though it doesn't exist, still says macro exists and enable or disable. Tried various ways but couldn't get to delete.

Just happend to see that there are lot of things which can be done from ASAP UTILITIES and deleting hidden Macro is one of them, this is a software which is available online..just wanted to share this, hope this is useful...

Regards

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
FWIW, the usual culprit for this is having empty modules in your VBA....deleting those should make the enable/disable macros dialog box go away.

Upvote 0
You're joking? I thought there was no way of making Enable Disable messages go away on open. Security requires it unless its set to low. But maybe thats what you mean. I leave it on medium myself. I actually worked as a rectruiter in 98 before I started programing and we got hit with Melissa and I love you and it trashed thousands of docs. It was quite clever. Change Normal.Dot and it can do almost anything. Anytime any new or existing word doc is opened code is run.

It almost destroyed Word. People were asking for text file resumes they got so paranoid. In fact Melissa was probably the virus that made security essential for everyone. People woke up after that. IN the late 90s a bunch of mail and Word bombs woke people up. Now its different. Macro viruses are virtually a thing of the past. Who runs something with macros from a complete stranger? Who even is dumb enough to open or run anything from a stranger anymore? But I keep Office on medium. I want to know if somethings automated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back