Dependant drop down help.

rstebbing1709

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am hoping someone may be able to help me out with what I am trying to achieve. I am relatively new to using Excel and will be honest not too good with it, however through YouTube videos I have managed to set up some dependant drop downs. What I am stuck on is the following:

I have my first drop down that displays a list of phone brands, I then have a second dependant drop down that displays the models associated with that brand. What I am trying to get is a third drop down that will list specific tariffs based on what is selected in the second drop down. I have worked out a way to achieve what I want using the IF(or formula but this comes with the obvious downside of having to change the entire formula every time a device or tariff is added or removed.

My end goal is: drop down box 1 - Samsung is selected > Drop Down box 2 - then gives me the Samsung devices > Drop down box 3 - then gives me a tariff range based on the device selected in drop down box two. I will need a way to do this for multiple options as for example the Samsung S20 may have 1,5,8 and 20GB and the Samsung A10 may have 2,7,11 and 15GB available.

I really hope that makes sense and I've not gone on too much.

Many thanks for any help ?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hello, from what you have said I'm assuming drop down box 2 work with the selection in drop down box 1? If that's the case, what is happening when you setup box 3 the same way but in reference to box 2? I'm trying to get more feedback on where it's going wrong.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back