Dependent Dropdown Lists

benntw

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a table that is a parts list table. The table is called MatList. Column A is Material Type, Column B is Description, Column C is Size, and Column D is part #. Column A has multiple lines with the same name as well as what is in column B & column C. On sheet Material Needs is a table called MatNeeds. THis table is to be used to show what they need on a project. Column B is the material type, column C is the description, and column D is the size. Column E auto populates what the part number will be. What I am looking for is column B on Material needs to have a drop down to only show unique values from the parts list sheet. Then once you select the material type then I need a dependent dropdown list to get the unique value for description off of the parts list and finally once you slect that I need a dropdown list of unique values to give me the sizes. I know there is a way if I make a look up sheet with horizontal header names, but I want to be able to use the parts list that is already there. Is there a way to do this to have multiple dependent dropdown lists.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Thank you. I followed her video which works perfect for a dropdown list and 1 dependent list. Now I just have to figure out how to make the 3rd dropdown dependent on the 1st and 2nd dropdowns.

Upvote 0
Thank you. I followed her video which works perfect for a dropdown list and 1 dependent list. Now I just have to figure out how to make the 3rd dropdown dependent on the 1st and 2nd dropdowns.

Please check an example of 3 dependent data validation in post #30 in this thread:
3-or-more-dependent-data-validation

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aa2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back