Form Control to open a window or form to add a list of numbers, perform a calculation and paste value to a selected cell.

DaveCutting

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I have a workbook that is designed to calculate the material usage of a group of sheet metal parts. As such I have a table which details the length (X) and width (Y)of each part and adds it up together to estimate overall usage. However, to get the X and Y of each part, I have to add up all the flange lengths of the finished part and minus the material stretched to form it.

The above might not make sense for anyone unfamiliar with sheet metal, but this is the basic reason behind my question.

What I need to do, which is where I'm hoping you can help, is have a button I can press to open a window or form (almost like a calculator) that allows me to list all the flange lengths of the part. It will then sum the value of those lengths and perform a calculation (to remove some of the length for the forming), and then paste the calculated result into the cell selected within the Table of my workbook.

I don't need to keep the list once the value has been calculated and pasted into the Table, just the number that's been pasted.

Is there something simple I can do to facilitate this?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1710413329392.png
    1710413329392.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back