different values in duplicates

radic

Hi guys,

I have 2 columns A and B
In first column there are several duplicates.

I want to highlight all duplicates that have a different value in column B.

So if like this :

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 153pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=204 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 101pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4937" width=135><COL style="WIDTH: 52pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2523" width=69><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 101pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=135 height=20>Column A</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 52pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=69> Column B</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl64 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red" height=20>red</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">square</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl64 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red" height=20>red</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">round</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>green</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">round</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>green</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">round</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>blue</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">square</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl63 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>white </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">round</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
So i would like to highlight all "reds" because they are duplicate and have more than one value in column B.

hope i am clear enough

thanx anyway

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
If you have Excel 2007+, select A1:A? and apply the CF shown.

Excel Workbook
AB
1redsquare
2redround
3greenround
4greenround
5bluesquare
6whiteround
CF 2007+
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
A11. / Formula is =COUNTIF(A$1:A$100,A1)<>COUNTIFS(A$1:A$100,A1,B$1:B$100,B1)Abc

For Excel 2003-

Excel Workbook
AB
1redsquare
2redround
3greenround
4greenround
5bluesquare
6whiteround
CF 2003-
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
A11. / Formula is =COUNTIF(A$1:A$100,A1)<>SUMPRODUCT(--(A$1:A$100=A1),--(B$1:B$100=B1))Abc

Upvote 0
thank you that is about it !
But what it only highlights the second "RED", what if I want to highlight both cells with de duplicate "RED" ?

Upvote 0
But what it only highlights the second "RED", what if I want to highlight both cells with de duplicate "RED" ?
It already highlights both reds - refer to my screen shots.

Perhaps your data does not start in row 1 - you didn't tell or show us what the starting row is so I had to guess. :)

If the data starts in say row 2 then you would need to highlight A2:A? before applting the CF and the CF formula would need adjusting by changing all the references to row 1 to row 2.

If it is still not working correctly post back with
- which Excel version you are using, and
- what row your first row of data is in.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davenil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back