Disappearing act

321Fred

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Two days ago I opened a spreadsheet I've been working on over the past year and found that on a certain tab sheet a formula result that used to display a continued updated result based on amounts spent and documented on other sheets just disappeared. The formula is there but the result just wont display unless I remove the equals sign in front of it. I can type text in the cell and it will show just not the formula !
I've tried erasing it, retyping it, clearing any formatting of the cell, tried changing the colors to make sure the text wasn't the same color as the back ground, I verified the cell was supposed to show the answer as currency. Nothing has rectified the problem.

Has an one come across this before?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Have you tried putting the same formula in a cell on a new sheet?

When you highlight sections of the formula, results will show above. You need to highlight logical breaks in the formula, like an entire VLOOKUP() function. Do you get results?

Upvote 0
What in the heck is going on !!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to fix this issue all day yesterday and up till a half hour ago with no progress. I just reopened that page and now that cell is once again showing the result as expected (out a the blue ) again. ? I'm starting to think Excel may beginning to have a mind of its own !

But thank you for trying to help - I just have absolutely no idea or reasoning to explain what is going on !

Upvote 0
Solution
It is amazing how many things computer/electronic related can by fixed by closing/re-opening/re-booting!
When in doubt, re-boot!
;)

Upvote 0
Now that cars are run by computer, are we going to have to pull over to the side of the road, reset the computer, and then continue our trip?

Upvote 0
Now that cars are run by computer, are we going to have to pull over to the side of the road, reset the computer, and then continue our trip?
If they ever let us reset the computer ourselves!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back