Divide net work hours across a start and end date and report by month

wdgor

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Here is the scenario:

I have an "Estimated Work Hours (Calculated)" value to complete a task. That task will span multiple work weeks or months - based on Estimated Start Date (manually entered) and Estimated Completion Date (Calculated). The assumption is that the Estimated k Hours (Calculated) are distributed equally across the work weeks.

Formulas:
This calculates the "Estimated Completion Date (Calculated)" =IF(D5="","",WORKDAY(D5,Setup!$C$8/8,Holidays_2022)) The value in Setup!$C$8 is 835
This calculates the "Estimated Work Hours (Calculated)" =IF(D5="","",NETWORKDAYS(D5,E5,Holidays_2022)*8)
This calculates the "Elapsed Days" =IF(D5="","",DATEDIF(D5,E5,"D"))

ProjectClientRoleEstimated Start DateEstimated Completion Date (Calculated)Estimated Work Hours (Calculated)Elapsed Days
Project 1Implementation Engineer3/2/20227/29/2022840149

I would like to have the net work hours distributed equally by month (in this example, between March and July) based on the Start and End month. This is only one parameter on the project but if I could solicit assistance on the Implementation Engineer, I can extrapolate it to the other duties. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
Implementation Engineer

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I didn't see the "Blad2!" tab referenced. Did I miss it? I tried to substitute my ranges but couldn't get it to work.

=MAX(0,NETWORKDAYS.INTL(MAX(D$1,$A5),MIN(E$1-1,$B5),,Blad2!$A$10:$A$27))

Upvote 0
if your holidays are in the same tab as this formula, you can omit that "blad2!"-part otherwise replace it with your real tabname

Upvote 0
Your solution worked! My holidays are in a named range and I changed the way the months were represented. Thank you for your attention and solution. I can sleep tonight!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asp123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back