Does anybody have a good idea of how to investigate this error message?

TomCon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
This message is very cryptic in my opinion. And i can't figure out how to investigate it or if i should worry about it. Using the "Error Checking" feature in the Formula Ribbon, the only errors found on the sheet are #VALUE!. Those are to be expected, it is no particular problem. I have workbooks where there may be many #VALUE! cells or #DIV/0! cells, and this warning does not come up. Any insight on what actually makes it come up? Or do people get this error message and simply ignore it? It is very cryptic. I wish they would give more information. If they've found an error, where is it? What cell? If all it is telling me is "You have some cells with #VALUE! on this sheet"...well, ok, i can safely ignore it.

Thanks if you have any insight into this.

1698263671511.png

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
My suggestion is to look for connections to other data sources.
Click on Data, then Click Queries and Connections, then look at the window that pops up to see if there are any connections listed.

Upvote 0
Thanks...there are no connections listed.

But, i did also check out "Edit Links". Below are the 3 links listed. D5_Enter is a workbook currently open and "open Source" activates it. The other two both say "We couldn't find xxx, is it possible it was moved or deleted?" I did a search of the entire workbook for "D5_TRK 5.xlsm" and if found no references. The other source listed is "Adj" and this string is used in many contexts within my WB so i cannot search on it to find anything useful. But i do not recognize it as having ever been an external source; i have tables named rng_adj, rng_adj2, rng_adj3... for instance, and have also had sheets within the current WB named "adj", "adj2", "adj3"...but i don't think i've ever had a WB called "adj".

Does this suggest to you want might be causing that message? Do you suggest that i take an action such as "break link"? Or anything else?

Thanks!
1698272732327.png

Upvote 0
Well, my guess it is in one of those three items.
But, I am not an expert on excel networking and data connections.

But, I would not "break link" unless there are no other alternatives (and only if your workbook is failing).

First I would click one link, and UPDATE VALUES, and repeat for all three.

Then for the items that are workbooks, select one, then CHANGE SOURCE, but navigate to the same file. Then do the same for the other one.

if you are on a corporate network it could be that your computer somehow remapped your drives and that is messing everything up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back