Donut Chart not Updating

matthewlouis

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there a reason why my donut chart won't update when the data changes? Do I not have a setting correct somewhere? I have calculations on automatic and when the data changes in my data table, it doesn't update the circle part to match the percentage.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
If it is a pivot chart you have to refresh it manually or set it to refresh every few minutes automatically.

Upvote 0
Solution
If it is a pivot chart you have to refresh it manually or set it to refresh every few minutes automatically.
I have done it both ways, auto and manual, and it still will not update the colored circle part when the % updates.

Upvote 0
Check if the data source range is the one you need and think it is. Check the range the chart RefersTo.

Upvote 0
Check if the data source range is the one you need and think it is.
I have. When the chart is initially set up, the finds the correct percentage and sets correctly. But when I update the data, the coloroed circled part doesn't change.

Upvote 0
OK, sorry for the delay . . .

I have a massive calculation sheet that is tied to a program connected to the historical prices in the stock market, so I couldn't send it. All I am doing is I have 2 numbers, percentages in two cells. I drag the mouse over them, I hit Insert, and I add a Donut Chart. It works fine on the initial numbers. But when the numbers change, the donut doesn't change. So, I went to a blank worksheet that has nothing to do with my stock program . . . it works there. But it shouldn't matter just because I have my program opened. Again, it sets the two numbers at first . . . but then the chart doesn't recognize any changes.

Upvote 0
OK, I see when I put the calcualtion to automatic and NOT manual, it works now. Thanks for responding.

Upvote 0
I cannot represent your situation.
Is there anything specific about the source range? Is it just numbers or formulas or what?
Is your sheet locked, esp. the source data cells? Is the excel file version compatible with your excel version, or you are using the old XLS format?
Do you have any add-ins installed or some code running ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiansth

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back