Double-click event macro auto filter multiple columns on different worksheet

ac7

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello -

I am new to the forum and am hoping someone can help me with this question. I have a spreadsheet with 2 worksheets: Orders, and Filtered.

Orders:

1690396563191.png

Filtered:

1690396740033.png

This is really oversimplified, but I am unable to upload my full spreadsheet. I am looking to have a double-click event macro (or whatever else would be appropriate) trigger on the Orders worksheet when an order number is double-clicked. I would then like to have the Filtered worksheet automatically filter to the order number and also filter the Short? column to only "Y". So if order 164893 on the Orders worksheet was double-clicked, I'd like to only see "Y" shortages for that specific order on the Filtered worksheet.

1690396949945.png

Thank you in advance for the help!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Please try the following on a copy of your workbook. Right-click on the Orders tab name, select View Code, and paste the code below into the window that appears on the right of the screen. Save the file as a macro-enabled workbook.
VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
    If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Cancel = True
    Dim s As String: s = Target.Value2
    If s <> "" Then
        With Worksheets("Filtered").Range("A1").CurrentRegion
            .AutoFilter 1, s
            .AutoFilter 2, "Y"
        End With
        Application.Goto Worksheets("Filtered").Range("A1")
    End If
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

The Filtered sheet before double clicking on the 123456 order on the Order sheet:
Book1
AB
1OrdersShort?
2123456Y
3123456Y
4158285N
5164893Y
6164893N
7164893Y
Filtered

And after double clicking on the 123456 order on the Order sheet:
Book1
AB
1OrdersShort?
2123456Y
3123456Y
Filtered

Upvote 1
Solution
Actually, one other question. I would like to add this auto filter to another worksheet called "Purchases". It will also filter the Filtered worksheet, but different columns. I was able to modify the code just fine, however, if I ran the macro from the Orders worksheet first, it's not filtering correctly because it's not removing the existing filter on column A. Is there a line of code I can enter that will clear the existing filters on column A or column S on the Filtered worksheet before running the rest of the macro?

Upvote 0
Actually, one other question. I would like to add this auto filter to another worksheet called "Purchases". It will also filter the Filtered worksheet, but different columns. I was able to modify the code just fine, however, if I ran the macro from the Orders worksheet first, it's not filtering correctly because it's not removing the existing filter on column A. Is there a line of code I can enter that will clear the existing filters on column A or column S on the Filtered worksheet before running the rest of the macro?
Immediately after If s <> "" Then put this:
Worksheets("Filtered").AutoFilter.ShowAllData

Upvote 1
Works perfectly, thanks again for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back