dragging data issues

paulburrows1976

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All

im having an issue when collating multiple cells into one then trying to add a cell between each resulting cell with the letter Y in them.

because the collated data appears in cells H2 down to H4026 I created 3 manually in J2 J4 and J6 with Y in J3 J5 and J7 then tried dragging the data down but it skips cells J8 pulls data from H8 rather than H4 and I cannot get my head around why this happens any suggestions?

If you need anything else as im not sure what you require when asking questions please ask or if you have another easier suggestion of how I can add cells between the data in column H im open to anything.

1657103165455.png

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, how about in J2
Excel Formula:
=LET(Data,H2:H100,s,SEQUENCE(ROWS(Data)),IF(MOD(s,2)=0,"Y",INDEX(Data,INT(s/2)+1)))

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks for that, how about in J2
Excel Formula:
=LET(Data,H2:H100,s,SEQUENCE(ROWS(Data)),IF(MOD(s,2)=0,"Y",INDEX(Data,INT(s/2)+1)))
Im not fully understanding all of what this means but it worked a treat i will break it down it by bit to understand it later thanks again

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back