Dragging down a Indirect formula.

Chocolate_bar

Hello, being a novel excel user I usually find my answers on this and other forums. This problem has stumped me I have tryed to write the formula many diffrent ways. All do not work as well as this one. I need to be able to have excel update my cell refrences when I drag this formula down. Any help will be appreciated, and I'm sorry if I have written this crudely. =SUM(SUMIF(INDIRECT({"AC12","AE12","AG12","AI12"}),">0")/4)

Last edited:
Without me trying to explain my spread sheet the desired result from your table given is 2%

If you are displeased with the samples I posted, try to provide yourself one that is representative of your spreadsheet along with the desired result.

By the way, I'm not going to ask how you arrive at 2% given the sample I provided and if the formula you have in post #5 is correct in all cases, there should be no need for any sample at all.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Does this make more sense?
ab ac ad ae af ag ah aiaj
8/8 100% 3/4 75%1/2 50% 8/8 100%81%

<colgroup><col style="width: 104pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5083;" width="139"> <col style="width: 62pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2998;" width="82"> <col style="width: 88pt;" width="117"> <col style="width: 63pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3072;" width="84"> <col style="width: 88pt;" span="4" width="117"> <col style="width: 116pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5668;" width="155"> <tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Without me trying to explain my spread sheet the desired result from your table given is 2%, actually both examples are 2%. The formula is based on other formulas in those columns based on percentages if that makes sense. the ">0" is to sum cells that have something in them.

If you just want to sum the cells that have something in them, you don't need to test if >0, if they are empty they will be effectively 0!
so simply use
=SUM(AC12,AE12,AG12,AI12)/4

Upvote 0
Then
=SUM(AC12,AE12,AG12,AI12)/4
does exactly the same as your formula in post #5, you don't need to test if >0.

Upvote 0

Your right sorry, and I had to make things complicated. I thought the formula I had worked, but it seems I overlooked something the"/4" The 25% should =100%

100%
25%
0%
112%
86%
86%
71%

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Your right sorry, and I had to make things complicated. I thought the formula I had worked, but it seems I overlooked something the"/4" The 25% should =100%

100%
25%
0%
112%
86%
86%
71%

<tbody>
</tbody>

How do you obtain 100% with this sample? That is, how do hand-calculate that?

Upvote 0

2100%25%
0%19112%986%986%71%

<tbody>
</tbody>

I can see that the 71% is obtained from the previous formula, but how is the 25% calculated? And why should it be 100%?

Upvote 0
Beacuse no other data would be entered therefore the total percentage of that would be divided by (4) because I have 4 columns that I'm taking a total of % out of. So i would need that formula to equal 100%. Sorry If its not clear I dont really know how to explain myself that well. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back