Driving Distance between two points.

gsmitchell

Hello All, Good Morning!

I am going to have a long list ( 1000+ ) of addresses that I need to get driving distances for. I don't need a map, just the distance between two specific addresses ( not just zip codes ). I have seen some info on zip codes and some using long/lat on here, but most of it is giving an "as the bird flies" result. We can get those done, but find they are not quite granular enough for our needs. Has anyone had any luck trying to get something like this done? Any help appreciated, thanks!

George

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I think you can get a Google API that will allow you 300 per day

Upvote 0
are you looking for the distance between your 1000+ list and one specific point? or distance between any giving 2 points in your list? also, there are a lot of ways to measure distance between 2 points. as you said, as the crow flies is one, but you also have, highway, back roads, or combination of the 2....what are you looking for exactly?

Upvote 0
are you looking for the distance between your 1000+ list and one specific point? or distance between any giving 2 points in your list? also, there are a lot of ways to measure distance between 2 points. as you said, as the crow flies is one, but you also have, highway, back roads, or combination of the 2....what are you looking for exactly?

Hi synergy16 thanks for the question. What we are shooting for will be distance between location A and whatever the closest location we have to that is. This is just an example, but think "There are 3 fire stations close to my house, which is closest?" So, if we have a list of houses and a list of fire stations, we will use this to find the closest fire station to each of the houses. Once we have that, it will just go in a database and be updated from time to time. *** BTW, this does not involve any fire department or residential development. I just thought that would make a good example ***

Upvote 0
ok, so the user would input a some location, what ever it might be and you would want to return the closest place on your list?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back