Drop down list to display only grouped items

DjTRex2002

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So, I have Vendor Codes on "Column A", Part # on "Column B", and Description on "Column C" ... is there a way to create a drop down list to pick from items that belong only to specific vendors? Example,

I want to select Vendor Code MCF1 (sorry that below I have a 2404 instead of MCF1 lol) but then I want the Part # drop menu to display items that belong ONLY to that Vendor ...

1711549104276.png

This is the list to gather the information from ...

1711548909097.png

OK ... so I was able to search a code that I put in the Data Validation Source as this ... =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A),1) and it works how I need it to. I just wish I knew why it would not read from column P lol.

1712066308378.png

Thanks everyone for helping me out :)

Attachments

• 1712066225920.png
    1712066225920.png
    195 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
Solution

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
here's another example of different Vendor selected, which has 3 items ... but shows a bunch of blanks below.
As I mentioned before, we cannot diagnose from an image. If we could get a small set of sample data with XL2BB showing that problem, we possibly could work it out.

OK ... so I was able to search a code that I put in the Data Validation Source as this ... =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A),1) and it works how I need it to.
Glad you have something that works. Thanks for letting us know. (y)

I just wish I knew why it would not read from column P lol.
As I mentioned before, we cannot diagnose from an image. If we could get a small set of sample data with XL2BB showing that problem, we possibly could work it out. :)

.. or possibly upload a sample workbook (any sensitive data removed or disguised) to DropBox or OneDrive or Google Drive etc with a publicly shared link posted here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoToLeep

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back