Drop down list with hyperlinks

munchems

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a drop down list of two items that I would like to link to two seperate sheets. Is there a way to do this when the drop down list items are different from the sheet names?

Like in this video but with different sheet names:

TIA!!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Yes.
The formula is referring to an name that is located in cell B1 and that name refers to a tab name located below. So ... just make sure your drop down list
matches the sheet names located on the tab and in the same order as they appear (left to right) on the tabs.

Upvote 0
Yes.
The formula is referring to an name that is located in cell B1 and that name refers to a tab name located below. So ... just make sure your drop down list
matches the sheet names located on the tab and in the same order as they appear (left to right) on the tabs.
Yes, I understand that for that specfic formula to work that the drop down items must match the sheet names, however in my situation the drop down items can't match the sheet names so I am looking for an alternative formula for this to happen. Thanks!

Upvote 0
If you want to have different Alias names for the sheets in the dropdown such as:

TOC worksheet
f.png

Where the Alias names are added in the Lists worksheet in Column A and the corresponding actual sheet names in Column B as in the image below. (Change Alias names to suit)

Next, add a helper cell (D1) that contains the formula: =INDEX(B1:B4,MATCH(TOC!B1,A1:A4,0),1) where TOC is the name of the dashboard sheet that has the dropdown

Lists worksheet
f2.png

and then edit the formula of the my_sheet Name to reference the above D1 cell in the Lists worksheet as follows :

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,1,,,INDIRECT("Lists!D1")))

Upvote 0
Solution
If you want to have different Alias names for the sheets in the dropdown such as:

TOC worksheet
View attachment 107994

Where the Alias names are added in the Lists worksheet in Column A and the corresponding actual sheet names in Column B as in the image below. (Change Alias names to suit)

Next, add a helper cell (D1) that contains the formula: =INDEX(B1:B4,MATCH(TOC!B1,A1:A4,0),1) where TOC is the name of the dashboard sheet that has the dropdown

Lists worksheet
View attachment 107995

and then edit the formula of the my_sheet Name to reference the above D1 cell in the Lists worksheet as follows :

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,1,,,INDIRECT("Lists!D1")))
Thank you, this worked perfectly and helped me to understand this function even more!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back