Drop Down Box & Name Manager

cart0250

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I have name set in name manager pointing to Col B, Sheet 1 as =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$2,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet!$B:$B),1)

User is presented with drop down menus in various cells in a different work sheet pertaining to this named range. Once they select an item from the drop down, the item is removed from Col B Sheet 1 and placed into Col C Sheet 1 (via VBA). Meaning that item is no longer available to be selected from the drop down. This works correctly as user is only allowed to select each item once. However, the drop down now contains a blank space corresponding to the item that has been removed. Once a large number of items have been selected and removed, the number of blank spaces becomes a nuisance.

Question: is there a way to modify the above formula to eliminate these blanks from the drop downs, i.e., to only show whatever non-blank cells remain in Col B Sheet 1?

Appreciate the help!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Methinks you need your vba code to also delete the cell that you remove the value from, then shift up. Without seeing that code, all I can suggest is to incorporate
.Delete Shift:=xlUp
on the same range you delete from.

Upvote 0
1. I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

User is presented with drop down menus in various cells in a different work sheet
2. Are these "various cells" in a particular column/row range or scattered about? How do we know where they are?

the item is removed from Col B Sheet 1 and placed into Col C Sheet 1 (via VBA)
3. Could we see the vba?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back