Drop-Down List

battison

I created a drop-down list but when I move the cursor from the cell, the arrow disappears so nobody can tell it's a drop-down list. I have a form (received from a customer) that has a drop-down list and the arrow is permanently in place. How do I make that arrow permanent on my list?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Brian from Maui

MrExcel MVP
battison said:
I created a drop-down list but when I move the cursor from the cell, the arrow disappears so nobody can tell it's a drop-down list. I have a form (received from a customer) that has a drop-down list and the arrow is permanently in place. How do I make that arrow permanent on my list?

If this drop down was created using Data Validation, make sure the In-cell dropdown is ticked.

battison

Data Validation Arrow not showing

The In-cell dropdown is ticked. Any other suggestions?

HalfAce

MrExcel MVP
I suspect the one you received (that stays visible all the time) is not a data validation cell, but is a combobox.
When you hover your cursor over the empty part of the cell (to the left of the actual arrow), does the cursor change? (If so, to what?)

HalfAce

MrExcel MVP
Then what you have there is a combobox from the Forms toolbar, not a data validation cell.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cinciri99