Duplex printing of Excel doc with multiple sheets

mauricio

I have trouble printing an excel doc with multiple sheets using the duplex option.I select the duplex option, open to left and the document is landscape.I've tried printing the entire selection,the entire workbook, active pages etc. I have also tried selecting all sheets and making them active but still same problem. I'm trying to print duplex so that sheet 2 will be on the back of sheet 1.Nothing works. Also tried printing to different machines that have the duplex option.Is it possible? and what could I possibly try now?

Regards

M.Smit

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
The first thing to look at is if the printer you are addressing for the printing has the duplex function.
Then, the proper driver should be installed.
Finally, since the driver is printer-specific, it should work for other Windows programs, such as Word. Any new results?

Upvote 0
Hi RalphA

1. Yes the printer is able to do duplex printing. It is a multifunction Ricoh machine.
2. The correct drivers are installed seeing that I can duplex print any other docs - Word,Powerpoint etc.

It's only with Excel.To be more specific Excel with multiple sheets (18 sheets) I have tried grouping all the sheets, I've tried printing the entire workbook,just the selection etc. I am absolutley positive that the settings on the printing side is correct, but for some reason sheet 2 does not print on sheet 1's back...and so on and so on.

Any more advice?

Regards

Upvote 0
You seem to be knowledgeable enough, but...seeing that the printer does its job in Word, I have to agree with you that the problem lies with the Excel application. Just a thought...could it be that you have the "Print odd pages only" or some such checked in the window that appears after File, Print...? Can't think of anything else.

Upvote 0
Hi Ralph

I spent some time on the net trying to figure out and read up on similar problems.I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I have however managed to get a temp solution.I printed the file to pdf and from there on the duplex print.Works like a charm in this manner, but I still believe that one should be able to do this from Excel itself.Maybe it's a problem?Will try and post something on Microsoft's site and see if they can come up with a answer or solution.

Thanks for your input.
Will keep you posted.

Regards

Upvote 0
I have had a similar problem where I wanted to use two-sided printing for my workbook with 3 worksheets and 2 pages in each worksheet.

With my previous Samsung printer there were no problems in duplex printing and the document required only three sheets of paper. However, with my new Lexmark there was a problem. Lexmark printed the first worksheet properly as two-sided document but next two worksheets printed only as single-sided documents. Reinstalling drivers did not solve the problem so I tried forums but didn't find answer to this problem.

I managed to solve the problem by turning on the two-sided printing option from the printer's default settings from the control panel.

It seems that Lexmark splits the print jobs from Excel by worksheets and uses the correct printer settings on only first print job (worksheet) and then loses the settings and starts using the default settings for the next worksheets.

Hope this helps somebody out there. :)

Upvote 0
Having almost the exact same issue.

Any workarounds anyone discovered to change the printer settings for a group of sheets without going through the control panel and changing the default for all applications?

Upvote 0
I have this same problem. I can print double sided to my capable printer/copy machine with other Office programs such as publisher and word 2010 but no dice in excel. I too use the workaround of using adobe acrobat two print two sided. This work around seems absurd, anyone know how to make excel properly print two sided? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm having a similar problem and have established that having just switched to a newer version of Excel I can duplex print any new documents that I create, but any documents created in previous versions of Excel will not duplex print despite all the same settings being applied.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and found a solution?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adiadidas

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back