Dynamic Calendar: Formula to return events for the month

MistaMista

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello! I have created a dynamic calendar. The conditional formatting is working (colouring the cells where I have saved dates/events for the selected months), but I struggle finding a formula to return the date and events for the whole month next to it in Cell L+M and N+O.
So if you change to April or June 2023 etc, the events will change accordingly. See my screenshots below.
In sheet 'Holidays' is a list of public holidays saved etc, see last screenshot below.

I have also copied the formula to the bottom of this post for anyone who would want to use it :)

Any suggestions? Ive been playing with a If, match, Vlookup but I cant for the life of me make it work haha. All input is appreciated.

Sheet: Monthly Calendar

1670807563914.png

Sheet: Holidays
1670807415839.png

Formula for dynamic Calendar in D5:

=IF(MONTH(DATE($B$1,MATCH($B$2,'Month Names'!$A$1:$A$12,0),1)+SEQUENCE(6,7)-WEEKDAY(DATE($B$1,MATCH($B$2,'Month Names'!$A$1:$A$12,0),1),2))=MATCH($B$2,'Month Names'!$A$1:$A$12,0),DATE($B$1,MATCH($B$2,'Month Names'!$A$1:$A$12,0),1)+SEQUENCE(6,7)-WEEKDAY(DATE($B$1,MATCH($B$2,'Month Names'!$A$1:$A$12,0),1),2),"")

Attachments

• 1670807400583.png
    1670807400583.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1670807458528.png
    1670807458528.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 15

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Update: I have figured it out. VLOOKUP and Index is not made for the function of returning a set of results, so I have used the =FILTER function and it worked perfectly!

Upvote 0
Good to hear you got the solution.

If you would like to post the solution formula then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain the actual solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back