Dynamic Calendar

jajatidev

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I'm using the following query to generate the dynamic calendar for use. The week number captured is according to the calendar year. However, for me, the fiscal year begins in Apr and ends in March.
Please advise the changes I must make to align the week number to the fiscal year instead of the calendar year.

Power Query:
let fnDateTable = (StartDate as date, EndDate as date, FYStartMonth as number) as table =>
  let
    DayCount = Duration.Days(Duration.From(EndDate - StartDate)),
    Source = List.Dates(StartDate,DayCount,#duration(1,0,0,0)),
    TableFromList = Table.FromList(Source, Splitter.SplitByNothing()),   
    ChangedType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(TableFromList,{{"Column1", type date}}),
    RenamedColumns = Table.RenameColumns(ChangedType,{{"Column1", "Date"}}),
    InsertYear = Table.AddColumn(RenamedColumns, "Year", each Date.Year([Date]),type text),
    InsertYearNumber = Table.AddColumn(RenamedColumns, "YearNumber", each Date.Year([Date])),
    InsertQuarter = Table.AddColumn(InsertYear, "QuarterOfYear", each Date.QuarterOfYear([Date])),
    InsertMonth = Table.AddColumn(InsertQuarter, "MonthOfYear", each Date.Month([Date]), type text),
    InsertDay = Table.AddColumn(InsertMonth, "DayOfMonth", each Date.Day([Date])),
    InsertDayInt = Table.AddColumn(InsertDay, "DateInt", each [Year] * 10000 + [MonthOfYear] * 100 + [DayOfMonth]),
    InsertMonthName = Table.AddColumn(InsertDayInt, "MonthName", each Date.ToText([Date], "MMMM"), type text),
    InsertCalendarMonth = Table.AddColumn(InsertMonthName, "MonthInCalendar", each (try(Text.Range([MonthName],0,3)) otherwise [MonthName]) & " " & Number.ToText([Year])),
    InsertCalendarQtr = Table.AddColumn(InsertCalendarMonth, "QuarterInCalendar", each "Q" & Number.ToText([QuarterOfYear]) & " " & Number.ToText([Year])),
    InsertDayWeek = Table.AddColumn(InsertCalendarQtr, "DayInWeek", each Date.DayOfWeek([Date])),
    InsertDayName = Table.AddColumn(InsertDayWeek, "DayOfWeekName", each Date.ToText([Date], "dddd"), type text),
    InsertWeekEnding = Table.AddColumn(InsertDayName, "WeekEnding", each Date.EndOfWeek([Date]), type date),
    InsertWeekNumber= Table.AddColumn(InsertWeekEnding, "Week Number", each Date.WeekOfYear([Date])),
    InsertMonthnYear = Table.AddColumn(InsertWeekNumber,"MonthnYear", each [Year] * 10000 + [MonthOfYear] * 100),
    InsertQuarternYear = Table.AddColumn(InsertMonthnYear,"QuarternYear", each [Year] * 10000 + [QuarterOfYear] * 100),
    ChangedType1 = Table.TransformColumnTypes(InsertQuarternYear,{{"QuarternYear", Int64.Type},{"Week Number", Int64.Type},{"Year", type text},{"MonthnYear", Int64.Type}, {"DateInt", Int64.Type}, {"DayOfMonth", Int64.Type}, {"MonthOfYear", Int64.Type}, {"QuarterOfYear", Int64.Type}, {"MonthInCalendar", type text}, {"QuarterInCalendar", type text}, {"DayInWeek", Int64.Type}}),
    InsertShortYear = Table.AddColumn(ChangedType1, "ShortYear", each Text.End(Text.From([Year]), 2), type text),
    AddFY = Table.AddColumn(InsertShortYear, "FY", each "FY"&(if [MonthOfYear]>=FYStartMonth then Text.From(Number.From([ShortYear])+1) else [ShortYear]))
in
    AddFY
in
    fnDateTable

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
There are issues. Because it’s a function, it’s very difficult to modify using the UI. You could turn it back into a query, but instead you could read my article here and take my Fin calendar as a starting point.

Upvote 0
There are issues. Because it’s a function, it’s very difficult to modify using the UI. You could turn it back into a query, but instead you could read my article here and take my Fin calendar as a starting point.
Thanks, Matt. I'll try and let you know how it went.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back