Dynamic pie chart labels

mdazuk

Hi

Wondering if you clever ppl can help me.

I have created PivotChart I have used a pie chart to display two bits of data. I have created a slicer that filters the pivot chart (this is into years). The problem I am having is that the internal Data labels withing the pie chart that shoes the percentage, keeps moving all over the place each time I filter the data.

What is the best way to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
It sounds like the percentages should change as the data is filtered, and everything is perfect as is. I don't understand what you're wanting.

If you want to fix something, can you give an example of what you want to fix? Maybe if you take an image of the unfiltered results you can used that fixed image? if so, please google "Excel copy as picture".

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying,
I have inserted a couple of images of different filter results, if i drag the data label back into the correct position they will move again when I filter again.

pie1.JPG
pie2.JPG

Upvote 0
Many thanks for those images. I understand the issue about labels moving (though I don't know which is the correct position, and which the wrong position). I'm unable to give a solution.

suggests some workarounds.

Any solution may vary with the Excel version - so it may help others to know what version you're working in.

All the best.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back