Dynamic vlookups through vba

sahilkh18

Hello

I have two files: an input file and output file. I want to apply vlookups in 16 columns from the input file into the output file.

I have written a code in which i am first copying the input data into the output file and then applying the vlookups. I am facing an issue in making the vlookups dynamic.

For example, I want to change the lookup value (rows) and the columns in which the formula is being applied.

I tried to make it dynamic using a loop and incrementing the values, but did not have much luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Files attached for reference.

Input file name: Input File
Output file name: FY20Q4_Spend_Sponsorships
Sheet in which lookups to be executed: Dynamics Tracker
Input sheet where data is being pasted: Data sheet

Column references are updated in the first row of the Dynamics Tracker sheet for reference.

I can email the files, as I can't seem to upload them here.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
There is a much better way of doing what you want without using Vlookup and that is to do the entire process using VBA and not using the Vlookup function. This adds as much flexibility as you want to program in and is likely to be a lot faster too. . You haven't given enough details to give exact guidance, but have a look at this thread which gives you the idea of how to go about it:
Vlookup VBA Alternative

Upvote 0
Cross posted Vlookup in vba using dynamic ranges - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
and also Dynamic vlookups through vba

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

If you have posted this on any other sites please supply the link(s)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back