Efficient moving in range where all cells have a formula

bdd12

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I commonly have a dataset containing tens to hundreds of thousands of rows of data that I need to run a lookup or if statement to determine differences. I have it set up so that it does exactly what I want, all cells that have no difference are blank and all cells that have a difference have some visible value inside them. The question I have is if there is a way to move more efficiently between those cells that have visible values in them? If there were no formulas in the cells in between the visible value cells then I could just hit command + down (I'm on a Mac) and it would take me to the next cell with a value in it. However, since all cells in the column have a formula inside, when I do that it just takes me to the bottom of the range. Any suggestions other than just scrolling?

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Hi

Use a support column and in the adjacent cell expand the formula if you have the value to show

Upvote 0
Hi

=LET(k,SUM(A2:B2),IF(k>5,CHOOSE({1,2},k,k),0))

Upvote 0
Are you sure just filtering wouldn't work for you ?
The only other alternative (apart from a macro) that I can think of is Ctrl+F (Command+F on a Mac).

Then set up your find box like the below. It will remember those setting as long as you are in the current Excel session and don't change it.
If you are in a section with Blanks (ie ""), this set up will take you to the next value.
(If you are in a section with values and want to go the next blank remove the "*")

1690372802317.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back