Email Macro Enabled Workbook

Siderman

Hey Folks,

I have a code in place that emails activeworksheet to a specified sender that i use for requesting information. How does a person email a macro enabled workbook to the same email consistently. Might be an easy question for most of you folks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
I know these will be 2 dumb questions I am asking, but for clarification, can you please explain:

(1)
If you have code that emails a file, and you know the email address of the recipient, what is it that is being inconsistent, and / or what is causing an inconsistent behavior in the first place.

(2)
What bearing does the workbook containing macros have on your ability to attach that workbook to an email, if that's one of the issues you are referring to in your subject line, "Email Macro Enabled Workbook".

Upvote 0
The Code i use only emails the activeworksheet. I want to email the whole workbook though . Fairly new to excel . I have been able to make other codes work but still dont fully understand them.

Upvote 0
Just for starters, this one-liner sets up an email for the active workbook as attachment. You can test it by pressing Alt+F11, then Ctrl+G.

In the Immediate window, type this in and press Enter (modify for actual recipient address and subject line):

Rich (BB code):
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="tom@xyz.com", Subject:="Test"

Upvote 0
Thanks Tom. I will try this out tonight after work. I am on month 8 of playing with excel and all the help I can get is greatly appreciated !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightArisen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back