Embed data and formulae from excel to webpage

amar teja

Hi everyone,

I am planning to link a website with an excel file (rather than coding the formulae into PHP) so when a user enters the input values then the output from cell “A8” of the workbook should be displayed in the webpage. More details below – for example

1. In the web page you see two blanks fields, when user enter numeric “2” in field1 and “3” in field2 and clicks the button calculate
2. The field1 value (i.e. 2) should be automatically populated in the excel spreadsheet of cell A2 which I have uploaded in Onedrive/google drive
3. Similarly as field1 then field2 value should be populated at cell A3
4. Then there were some formulae in excel and lets says the formulae in A8 is A2 + A3 (i.e. the value is 2 + 3 = 5)
5. So the value 5 should be shown to the user in the webpage

User should not be able to edit the A8 cell. Only cell A2 and A3 can be edited by the user. The user can be anyone (i.e. not just my friend whom I invited). Another example - If field1 is 10 and field2 is 20 then output should be 30.
I can code all the formulae in excel to PHP but I have a very big list of formulae so I am not interested in coding them to another language
In future if I want to edit the formulae in excel file – i.e. in cell A8 change from “A2 + A3” to “A2*A3“ then it will be easy in excel as we work mostly in excel.

Thanks in advance
Amar

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhester2010

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back