Employees attendance tracking template

y3kesprit

Board Regular
Hi all,

I am trying to create a tracking template for my company of about 30 employees.

How I intend it to work is to have the first spreadsheet that contains information about these 30 employees such as their employee-ID, name, department.

Spreadsheet 1: Containing information about all employees that I want to track:

qzqhat.png

Spreadsheet 2: work days

2cjxvr.png

On this second spreadsheet titled Workdays,
employees who comes to work will select cell A3 and use a bar code scanner to scan his card (cell A3 might change depending on my final layout). The barcode scanner will read for the unique employee ID, and B3 and C3 will automatically populate by looking up the unique ID on the Spreadsheet 1.

Now comes the tricky part which is to do the recording of time that they report for work and leave for work.

The employees usually report for work on a Monday, for example, and they will leave two days later (Wednesday). Is it possible for Excel to automatically record the date and time that Mary reports for work on D3 whenever she does the first scan. And when she scans again on A3 when she leaves work, E3 will be the next to fill up. Now that might be a possibility that she might return back to work again during that workweek. Thus when she scans again, now F3 will record the second time she reports for work, and G3 the second time she leaves for work. (Ideally, I hope there can be no restriction in the number of times an employee can scan in and scan out, but if that's a problem, 5 times will be fine)

The second part I want to know is whether it is possible to write a code such that the main spreadsheet can automatically capture the date and time that the employee checks in and out for work and automatically populate the respective cells of the work days. For example, Mary checks in on a Wednesday and leaves on a Friday, the main spreadsheet (first screen shot) can automatically pick this up and populate Wed and Fri as well as the time she leaves accordingly. This way, I can tell at glance through the first spreadsheet, which day the employee was present in the office.

I am currently using Excel 2013.

Sorry that I had such a long post. If there is any difficulty in understanding, I will be prompt in clarifying.

Thank you so much for your help!

y3kesprit your welcome....
Due to my first post related with the snap shot question...Can you tell me how you did it?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I don't know if snap shot is the whrigt term....
How did you put the images off your spreadsheet in your fist post?

Upvote 0
Hi y3kesprit,

The code is a worksheet change event macro. Anytime a change is made on a sheet using the code like it is, you should get the message box.

If you get the message box alert when you scan something into the test sheet, then we should be good to go with scanned ID instead of manual entry.

Howard

Upvote 0
Hi y3kesprit,

Here is a revised version to prepare for the scanned ID's. I have only converted Monday to test for the scanner.

Notice, no button and that cells A1 and B1 are for scan in and scan out.

You can test fly the new code by simulating a scan in or out by merely entering an ID into either A or B. Just over write the text in either cell and see the results on the sheet. You will notice the cell is cleared of the scanned ID and the Scan In/Out text prompt is reinstated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq06buawnk5m9sy/Employee Attendance Tracker Drop Down.xlsm

Howard

Upvote 0
Hey Howard, I noticed the change. Turns out I don't have a scanner to work with for now... Anyway the cell A1 and B1 concept works fine. In fact, I think this will be a better idea that what was before since it will further minimize errors.

Is it possible to replicate this from Monday to Sunday? I tried to reverse engineer it but to no avail… haha

Now that the individual work days issue is more or less settled. Is it possible to do something about the master list spreadsheet? The purpose of this ‘master list’ is to provide the admin users with an overview of the weekly check in/out timings of their employees.

So for example if employee, A11, checks in on Tuesday 9am and leaves on Thursday 4pm, I can tell at one glance on master list, instead of scrolling through the weekdays to identify.

Thanks for your help, Howard! Can’t thank you enough.

Upvote 0
Hi y3kesprit,

Is it possible to replicate this from Monday to Sunday? I tried to reverse engineer it but to no avail…

Now that the individual work days issue is more or less settled. Is it possible to do something about the master list spreadsheet? The purpose of this ‘master list’ is to provide the admin users with an overview of the weekly check in/out timings of their employees.

So for example if employee, A11, checks in on Tuesday 9am and leaves on Thursday 4pm, I can tell at one glance on master list, instead of scrolling through the weekdays to identify.

I just did Monday as a test to see what you thought about it. Redoing the code for the other days is no problem.

Regarding the Master list sheet.

It appears the check in's and the check out's are not your typical "8 to 5" work days. Does a worker check in for a few days then check out?

With your A11 example Tuesday to Thursday. Will there be in and out between those two days, and if so what do we do with them? Or does that NOT happen.

I need a general rule of what does go to the master and what does not go to the master.

Howard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcschafer209

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back