Enabling Macros Excel 2007

ablove

Hello, my company is converting from Excel 2000 to Excel 2007. In Excel 2000, when some gets a spreadsheet with macros, the Enable Macros button pops up first and ask the user if they want to enable the macros. Excel 2007 is different, if you want to enable a macro, you must click the "Options" button at the top of the screen and click Enable Content.

For users who are not Excel savvy, they want know to intuitively do this. Is there way to force users of my spreadsheet to enable the macro or is there an option that would give them the old enable macro popup?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
They can set it up so there's a "trusted folder" where any file from that folder will automatically have its macros enabled. This setting is buried in the options under the blob button on the top left. I don't have 2007 on this machine so I can't guide you through it.

For example, if they set up their "My Documents" folder this way, and then save your file there, it will work fine.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back