ENTER key is no longer pasting content of clipboard

clautor

I used to be able to Ctrl+C and then hitting ENTER would paste the content into the new cell. It no longer happens since the latest Excel update. Has anybody had this happen and knows how to enable this feature again? I have done this for years and years and is making me waste a lot of time to not being able to do it anymore. Thank you for your time and help.

Claudia

JLG: after repairing Excel and re-booting all is back to normal. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you fixed it.
Regards, JLG

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi, sorry to re-raise this old thread, but I have the exact same issue, and it's spreading!
This morning on one machine which still worked for pasting with enter key, after a reboot it's stopped working, on 2 other machines the enter key stopped pasting a while ago, all have been running office365 (so excel 2016) for about 18-24months, all from the same family office account, all updated regularly, so currently on version 1711 build 8730.2122
Tried to do a full repair (using the online option) but that has made no difference.
Checked the options and advanced features, but nothing and having searched google, found little relevant except this post, which the fix did not work ...
Microsoft linked helpdesk (using the help chat option inside excel) got me nowhere, except a sore head : - (
I don't have any clipboard managers enable on all the machines in question, might have on one of them, and do use a KVM screen sharing tool called Multiplicity on them all, but this has not been updated recently, and did not affect the machine that continue to work using enter (until it stopped earlier today!), so can't see that being a factor?

Anyone able to help revert the paste capability to the enter key.
Thanks in advance
Richard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgsrus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back