Error Code:3349

aazimyousuf

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi dear all,
I have an error while importing data into acess database showing error 3349.please check the screenshot attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20220722_123858894_HDR_2.jpg
    IMG_20220722_123858894_HDR_2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 25

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
The message is telling you exactly what the issue is - you are trying to import a value that violates the rules for a certain field in that table.
For example, maybe you have a rule that a numeric field can only accept values greater than zero, and you are trying to import a 0.

I would recommend going through the fields in your table and checking the rules for each one.
Then scan your data, and see if you have any values that violate any of those rules.

Upvote 0
Dear Joe4, I have checked it also through conditional formating if there is some error but none of the values in the field violate any rule.

Upvote 0
Conditional Formatting should play no role in this. That would not prevent data from being entered.

Did you make sure all field types are being honored (i.e. you are not trying to import a text value into a numeric field)?
And are you sure that you do not have any header or trailer rows that are trying to be imported (which would probably violate the data rules)?

Here is how I would approach this (since Access does not tell you which record or field is the one causing the issue):

1. Try to import a single record (copy the first row of data out to a new file and try importing that).
If that does not work, go through the fields, one-by-one, changing their values to see if you can get it to import, until you find the field causing the issue.

2. If the single record imports fine without errors, then try importing a chunk of rows (maybe the next 10 or 100).
Keep doing this until you get the error again. Then you will have isolated the block of data that contains the problematic value, and you can try importing smaller sections of that until you encounter the error (and eventually isolate it like described up in item #1).

Upvote 0
Error 3349 Crash - This is a typical "Microsoft Access Error 3349" error that leads to total program termination. This occurs a lot when the product (Microsoft Access) or computer is unable to handle the unique input data.

Microsoft Access Error 3349 Memory Leak - If there's a memory leak in Microsoft Access, it may cause the OS to appear sluggish. Possible causes include failure of Microsoft Corporation to de-allocate memory in the program, or when bad code is executing an "infinite loop".

Error 3349 Logic Error - A logic error occurs when the machine generates the incorrect output, even when the user provides the right input. This is seen when Microsoft Corporation's source code contains a flaw in data handling.

Try with these steps.

Upvote 0
Error 3349 Crash - This is a typical "Microsoft Access Error 3349" error that leads to total program termination. This occurs a lot when the product (Microsoft Access) or computer is unable to handle the unique input data.

Microsoft Access Error 3349 Memory Leak - If there's a memory leak in Microsoft Access, it may cause the OS to appear sluggish. Possible causes include failure of Microsoft Corporation to de-allocate memory in the program, or when bad code is executing an "infinite loop".

Error 3349 Logic Error - A logic error occurs when the machine generates the incorrect output, even when the user provides the right input. This is seen when Microsoft Corporation's source code contains a flaw in data handling.

Try with these steps.
I don't see that you gave any steps for the OP to try to fix it. I just see error descriptions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back