Excel 2007 - how to stop font resizing in embedded word document

FutureHacker

Hi all, I use Excel 2007 on Windows XP. I wanted to make a multi-level list in excel to list different factors, sub-factors, sub-sub-factors and so on.(eg 1-1.1,1.2-1.2.1,1.2.2-1.3, 2 etc). So I embedded a word 2007 document in it. It worked well. But as the list grew it was difficult to see the entire list without double clicking on it. So to accommodate future tasks I increased the size of the embedded object (word document). With that the size of the fonts in the existing list got enlarged. Clearly the text was resizing with the size of the object. 1. Is there a way to prevent this text resizing? ... If not... 2. Is there a better way of incorporating multi-level listing in Excel? (without embedding word document) As far as possible I would not like to add macros to the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minty

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...