Excel 2010 - ActiveX ComboBox Placed On All Worksheets With Dropdown Listing All Worksheets From Formula Generated List

Mini_Mia

Hi!

I haven't been able to find an answer on this and my issue could be piecing together code I found on multiple forums. This worked fine with the first combo box I tried but I am unable to get this to work on subsequent worksheets. My goal is to have an ActiveX ComboBox drop down worksheets navigator on each tab in the workbook.

In Lists!E:E I have the list of the actual worksheet names they can access dynamically populating based upon formulas and user selections. The number of items will shrink and grow to a currently unknown amount. (I did set the code for E2:E200 for my initial testing) This list is what I want to show as drop down selections.

The first/main worksheet is called Program_Variables with ComboBox21 and CommandButton21. After a worksheet name is selected in the drop down, they click the button to navigate to that worksheet. This functionality is what I would like to duplicate across all worksheets.

In case it is helpful the next tab I tried to place this on is called Summary-Program_Totals.

Here is the code that I was using, it worked successfully for the ComboBox on the Program_Variables tab but I can't seem to get this to duplicate or work when placed on the Summary-Program_Totals tab. I wasn't sure how to modify this properly.

VBA Code for the Program_Variables worksheet (ComboBox tab)

Code:
'******************************
'****WORKSHEET SELECTOR CODE****

Private Sub ComboBox21_KeyUp(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer)
     If ComboBox21.Value = vbNullString Then Exit Sub
     If (KeyCode <> 13) Then Exit Sub
       Sheets(ComboBox21.Value).Select
End Sub

'************************************
'****WORKSHEET NAVIGATE BUTTON CODE****

Private Sub CommandButton21_Click()
If ComboBox21.Value = vbNullString Then Exit Sub
    Sheets(ComboBox21.Value).Select
End Sub

VBA Code for the Lists worksheet

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
    Dim cell As Range
    With Worksheets("Program_Variables").OLEObjects("ComboBox21").Object
    .Clear
    For Each cell In Range("E2:E200").SpecialCells(3)
    If Len(cell.Value) > 0 Then .AddItem cell
    Next
    End With
End Sub

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You could populate the comboboxes by creating a dynamic named range of the sheets list (called SheetsList for this example)

SheetsList
Refers to: =OFFSET(Lists!$E$2,,,COUNTA(Lists!$E:$E)-1)

For each combobox, set the ListFillRange property to SheetsList. Then you wouldn't need any code to populate the comboboxes.

Code:
'****WORKSHEET SELECTOR CODE****

Private Sub [COLOR=#FF0000]ComboBox21[/COLOR]_KeyUp(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer)
     If [COLOR=#FF0000]ComboBox21[/COLOR].Value = vbNullString Then Exit Sub
     If (KeyCode <> 13) Then Exit Sub
       Sheets([COLOR=#FF0000]ComboBox21[/COLOR].Value).Select
End Sub

'****WORKSHEET NAVIGATE BUTTON CODE****

Private Sub [COLOR=#FF0000]CommandButton21[/COLOR]_Click()
If [COLOR=#FF0000]ComboBox21[/COLOR].Value = vbNullString Then Exit Sub
    Sheets([COLOR=#FF0000]ComboBox21[/COLOR].Value).Select
End Sub

For the two other procedures, change the names(red) to the button control and combobox control names for a given worksheet. They may or not be the same control names for each sheet depending how you added the controls.

It's not clear to me why you both a combobox keypress event procedure and a command button to do the same thing.

Upvote 0
This is fantastic and A LOT more simple! Thank you so much!

Just to close out the thread -
"It's not clear to me why you both a combobox keypress event procedure and a command button to do the same thing."

I am new to VBA so I had used code from a couple different posts, one jumped sheets as soon as you selected the name in the dropdown. I wanted to modify that to not change until the button was pressed. I must have modified it incorrectly as I will admit I didn't really understand what it was doing. I didn't realize they were doing the same thing.

I used the SheetsList named range and updated my code to just use what is under "Worksheet Navigate Button Code". It is working perfectly!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back