Excel 2010 Power Pivot Office 32 Bit on Windows 7 64 Bit

Rh0desia

I'm running Office Professional Plus 2010 32 bit on windows 7 64 bit Ultimate . Excel is Version 14.0.4760.1000 The Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.dll version is 10.50.1600.1 PowerPivot for Excel is listed as Com Add-In. When I bring up the "COM Add-Ins" dialog, the PowerPivot for Excel Add-In is listed but unchecked. Load Behavior is "Load at Startup". If I check it and then click 'ok' and then re open the dialog, it isn't checked anymore, and the Load Behavior says "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in The suggested solution using Windows Server 2008 64 bit for same problem does not seem to work. Can anyone help with this problem ?

One solution suggested by Microsoft which does not work:

[FONT=&quot]Try removing the addin registry for power pivot from the registry editor.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Disclaimer: Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information abouthow to back up registry [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Start> type in regedit> browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Take a backup and delete the powerpivot addin registry folder.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then try reinstalling the power pivot addin[/FONT]

Above solution does not work

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
I'm running Office Professional Plus 2010 32 bit on windows 7 64 bit Ultimate . Excel is Version 14.0.4760.1000 The Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.dll version is 10.50.1600.1 PowerPivot for Excel is listed as Com Add-In. When I bring up the "COM Add-Ins" dialog, the PowerPivot for Excel Add-In is listed but unchecked. Load Behavior is "Load at Startup". If I check it and then click 'ok' and then re open the dialog, it isn't checked anymore, and the Load Behavior says "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in The suggested solution using Windows Server 2008 64 bit for same problem does not seem to work. Can anyone help with this problem ?

One solution suggested by Microsoft which does not work:

[FONT=&quot]Try removing the addin registry for power pivot from the registry editor.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Disclaimer: Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information abouthow to back up registry [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Start> type in regedit> browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Take a backup and delete the powerpivot addin registry folder.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then try reinstalling the power pivot addin[/FONT]

Above solution does not work

I now have a solution for above problem which was supplied by the Power Pivot Geek if anyone is interested please get in touch as solution took a while to out. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back