Excel 2010 Sheets corrupting when copying data from another workbook

crimsonwingz

OK, hopefully I can explain this so it makes sense. We run an application that uses Excel as its calculation tool. These spreadsheets contain pricing, groups, options, etc. One sheet (pricing sheet) contains a ton of calculations, formula, and formats to put together the descriptions etc. Different sections are color coded for visibility, and some options have formatting applied (like discounts) to show them a certain way.

Another sheet (options groups sheet) contains all of the options for a particular group, set up as names tables. There are about 30 named tables, each consisting of a block of cells approximately 6x10. These option groups occasionally change, and are common to 7 different workbooks (different products have a different workbook). We keep a master spreadsheet that we use to maintain these options, and when there is a change, the goal is to copy paste the data in this sheet to the template sheet for the product. No formula or anything exist in this sheet, and there are no named tables at this point.

On the template, the named tables are setup to allow for the fill in the blank. Meaning I am using Column headings on A-F, and then data starts on row 2 for table 1, on row 12 for table 2, row 22 for table 3, etc. The master copy of this data is setup the same way, so I can just overwrite what is on the sheet with the new info from the master.

OK, background out of the way. When I DO copy the data from the master to the template options sheet, I lose all of my formulas and formatting on my price sheet. I have tried this multiple different ways, with different templates, and with different Masters. Each time, I lose all of my Price Sheet formatting. All of the colors disappear, and my column formats are lost. Discounting stops working, rounding fails, etc.

What the heck am I doing wrong! I've had to restore templates from backup a dozen times in this process, and have had untold hours of rebuilding data to make this work right. The template sheets are XLS with a macro on runtime that affects a third sheet in the workbook only. The master I have tried as XLS and XLSX with same results both ways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have googled the heck out of this with nothing even similar to what I have going on.
Thanks!
Jeff

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back