Excel 2010 VBA: Error message "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources..."

Anell

Board Regular
I have an Excel document (2010) with a user form I have build for data to be entered and stored.

4 environments use similar documents - there are minor changes but the code and functionality is 90% the same.

• All users have the same Excel 2010 32 bit application;
  • The files are stored on a shared drive.
  • Only 2 - 4 people access this document as part of a specific process.
  • The user form automatically opens up when the document is opened up.

The file I have problems with is 2 766 KBs. It is smaller than the others and also the other ones are a older.

Problem

Once in a month or two the same scenario occurs:

The users capture information without any problem.

Then one day, when the document is opened up, the following error messages are displayed in the order below:

1. Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications. (Select OK)
  2. System Error &H80070008 (-2147024888). Not enough storage is available to process this command. When "OK" is selected, the same error is displayed.
  3. If I close down the window with the error by selecting the "X" in top right corner, the error messages disappear BUT I cannot save the document or access the "File" tab;
  4. I cannot close the file without selecting "Esc" first on my keyboard, so I assume something is happening but I cannot see what.
  5. Often when this happens my Date Picker is also removed from my user form. I use "Microsoft Date and TimePicker Control", but sometimes when I open the document again the Date Picker is right back in the user form.

I've rebuild the document 2 times before after the same error occurs. Then everything goes well for a month or so and it starts all over again.

Please, can anyone offer any advice or information on this problem? I have no idea why it only happens on this document since the other 3 use the same code and Date Picker etc., but they function 100% correctly.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gina V

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back