Excel 2013 App Crash - Browser Not Supported

bs0d

Does anyone have experience working and building apps in Excel '13?

I have an Excel 2013 .xlsm workbook that has multiple tabs. One tab contains an App I created.

On the machine which I created the workbook, everything works perfectly fine. However, when I test on other machines, one of them provides a strange error. If I click on the tab that contains the App, the app starts to load, but there is an error:
Code:
APP ERROR
Sorry, we couldn't load the app because your browser version is not supported. Click here for a list of supported browser versions.
The machine has multiple browsers installed, including Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 10 (version 10.09200.17183); update versions: 10.0.23 (KB3008923).
Crash details are provided below. Has anyone else encountered this before? How do you correct the problem?

Thanks,

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	IEXPLORE.EXE
  Application Version:	10.0.9200.17183
  Application Timestamp:	546ebc2a
  Fault Module Name:	urlmon.dll
  Fault Module Version:	10.0.9200.17183
  Fault Module Timestamp:	546ebc5a
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	000098b2
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	0a9e
  Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:	0a9e
  Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

xPost: Excel 2013 App Crash - Browser Version is Not SUpported - Microsoft Community

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I'm sure the error details provide a way to track down the issue, but I'm not educated on how to make any sense of the error report. The strange part is that it will still use IE even if it's not the default browser. I know the APP's thing is sort of new in Excel, so maybe there aren't a lot of people that's had an extended amount of use with them. But any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks,

Upvote 0
I'm sure the error details provide a way to track down the issue, but I'm not educated on how to make any sense of the error report. The strange part is that it will still use IE even if it's not the default browser. I know the APP's thing is sort of new in Excel, so maybe there aren't a lot of people that's had an extended amount of use with them. But any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks,

Turns out the error is not specific to the workbook. I can create any new blank document and try to insert an APP (custom or pre-defined) and I still get the error. APPS are disabled if Excel starts in safe mode, so I can't troubleshoot that way.

Figure reinstalling Excel and IE maybe the best approach?

Upvote 0
I'm finding that this may be resolved with the user account profile within Excel. Ensure an account is signed in and may need to create a Microsoft account to access the Apps, even if locally developed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back