Excel 7 Chart Question

DDH

I have a chart with a Secondary Vertical Axis and I can not get the Axis value to stay on the right of the chart and the
Series vales to start at the left of the chart. (see image) I either have one or the other.
Thank you for your help.
I wish for all of the Excel staff and their families and all of the members and their families to be well and safe from the virus.

Attachments

• Excel-Chart-Problem.jpg
    Excel-Chart-Problem.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hello DDH,
can you upload workbook with chart and data?
This picture is not enough to we can see chart problem realistic.

Upvote 0
EXCEL MAX - Thank you for your reply. I tried to download my Excel file and I used the "Upload Image" and I know that it says image and not file, so I know that was wrong.
Will please help me (I am 78 year old man) so I need help. I downloaded the xl2bb.xlam but after I extracted it, a blue screen
Excel screen came up and I opened the Excel chart file you ask for and pasted it in the Excel screen and saved it but I think it did not saved it. I also do not see where to attached it on this sheet if I could find the Excel Chart file. I have not been on this site for a very long time and I use to be able to attach a Excel file to the post. That has change so I need help to learn the new way to attach a Excel file. Thank you for help.

Upvote 0
Dear DDH,
it is hard to keep up with progress.
There is more ways to upload files.
The one of them is: You can open Google Drive account and follow their instructions.
Upload file.
After that, try to create sharing link only to that file.
Copy this link and send it with Mr Excel message (toolbar).

Upvote 0
EXCEL MAX - Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry but I don't have a Google Drive account.
I am sorry for being so old and dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Hello DDH
Thanks for posting this. The issue in your 2021 chart is that somehow the settings for the secondary axis labels are changing from "Next to Axis" to "Low".
(First, congratulations, because I've never found anyone who figured out how to do this... you sent me on quite a easter egg hunt to find the setting.)
(Second, my apologies on behalf of the people in 2013 who created the Format Axis dialog. It is very hard to navigate.)
If you are using Excel 2013 or newer, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the numbers for the secondary axis. Choose Format Axis.
2. In the Format Axis pane that appears, make sure the icon with the 3-column chart is highlighted
3. The "Labels" section starts out collapsed. Click the black triangle to the left of it.
4. Change from Low to Next to Axis. That should bring them back.

The other mystery: how did the get changed? It is difficult to find this setting. If you did not accidentally change it, then maybe a macro is changing it.
If it keeps changing back to the left without any explanation, let us know.
1611334011418.png

Upvote 0
Solution
Mr. Excel - Thank you for your reply.
I have Excel 7 but I was able to understand your examples and instructions and and it moved the Axis to the right of the chart.
I made a copy of your answers so I would never have this problem again.
Thank you so very much for all of your help.

Upvote 0
DDH, glad to hear that the mystery has been solved!

I just wanted to let you know that we are now marking the solution posts on the board, and this is a very nice piece of information that MrExcel provided above that would be useful for future readers having a similar problem. So, I am marking the post as the solution to your question. Just FYI.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back