Excel behaves strange on tablet

HGrahame

I have written an application in VBA which my clients use on a tablet with a touchscreen.
The worksheet is blocked, the only thing it accepts is a double-click with a finger or a stylus, which opens a userform where they can change the data.
Some of my clients report strange behaviour, rows disappear from the worksheet, or data from a row gets mingled with data from another row.
I tried to repeat this behaviour but even after hours trying I didn’t succeed.
Could it be that Excel (Office 2010) can’t block certain gestures and what kind of gesture could have such an effect? (My knowledge of gestures is rather limited)
But when I take a look at the sheets of my clients I can see that it really has happened.
Has anyone an explanation for this?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
maybe they select and drag cells, causing the issue, maybe selective locking of stuff they shouldn't toch. otherwise you may have to build in a tacking routine that shows what changes were made by who and when

Upvote 0
maybe they select and drag cells, causing the issue, maybe selective locking of stuff they shouldn't toch. otherwise you may have to build in a tacking routine that shows what changes were made by who and when

Yes, I agree, somethinglikethatmust be going on. but the whole sheet is locked, not some cells and others not.
On an ordinary PCyou can't change anything, but with a touchscreen it seems possible.
Could it be that, as touch-screen were not very common when Office 2010 was made, the protected sheet is not protected for certain touch gestures?

Upvote 0
seems plausible, keys are static, touch screen is infinate when you consider pixel by pixel

Upvote 0
(y)Problem solved. When the userform is saved the user selected by accident an other row on the sheet with his tumb and in this way the data ended up in the wrong row.
Solution: in Userform_activate I now have put: R=Activecell.row
Changes in the userform are now saved to row R instead of to activecell.row

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Wamp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back