Excel.Exe Fail Fast Exception when running macro in Excel 2013

Gremblin

Hi I have a macro that runs successfully and exports a sheet into a new workbook and then using save as, it saves the "exported" file with a password in the desired location overriding the previous file with the same name. However when running the same macro for the second time in the same session, at the save as vba command, excel crashes with the following message, Excel.Exe - Fail Fast Exception. A fail fast exception has occurred. Exception handlers will not be invoked and the process will be terminated immediately. I am running Excel 2013 (Worked fine in 2010) on Windows 8. In trying to understand the error I have determined that I can continue "exporting" my file as long as the name differs, it crashes the moment it tries to override the previous file. If I close the current session and then manually save the new exported file over the previous one, there is no problem. If I run the macro without the VBA project screen open, the error changes to HardwareMonitorWindow Excel.Exe Fail Fast Exception. A fail fast exception has occurred. Exception handlers will not be invoked and the process will be terminated immediately. Any idea on how I can resolve this?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back