Excel Experts - Best approach to calculate monthly burn rate

ideasfactory

Hi,

I need some guidance from you excel guru's out there. I have attached am example file for you review.

In summary I need a formula (not VBA) in Column C to calculate team monthly burn rate from Column G, based on the combination of Delivery Team row from Column A and team size chosen in the same row in column B (which is a list lookup from Column O)

See the 'Formula Scenarios' for the specific requirements

Excel 2012
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
1Delivery TeamTeam SizeMonthly Team Burn $ResourceHour RateMonthly Burn Rate $Proj Man & Analyst - Small TeamProj Man & Analyst -Medium TeamProj Man & Analyst -Large TeamDev Team - SmallDev Team - MediumDev Team - LargeLookup Team Size - Validation List
2Project Man & Analysts TeamSmallCalc ?Project Manager$105$15,225YYSmall
3Dev TeamMediumCalc ?Business Analyst - Senior$95$13,775YYYMedium
4Business Analyst$80$11,600YYLarge
5TotalSum of aboveChange Manager$125$18,125YY
6Developer - Senior$85$12,325YY
7Developer$90$13,050YY
8Solution Analyst$91$13,147YYY
11Formula Scenarios:If user selects 'Small' in cell B2 then cell C2 should lookup Column H where rows have 'Y' and SUM Monthly Burn Rate from Column G
12If user selects 'Medium' in cell B2 then cell C2 should lookup Column I where rows have 'Y' and SUM Monthly Burn Rate from Column G
13If user selects 'Large' in cell B2 then cell C2 should lookup Column J where rows have 'Y' and SUM Monthly Burn Rate from Column G
15If user selects 'Small' in cell B3 then cell C3 should lookup Column K where rows have 'Y' and SUM Monthly Burn Rate from Column G
16If user selects 'Medium' in cell B3 then cell C3 should lookup Column L where rows have 'Y' and SUM Monthly Burn Rate from Column G
17If user selects 'Large' in cell B3 then cell C3 should lookup Column M where rows have 'Y' and SUM Monthly Burn Rate from Column G

<colgroup><col style="width: 25pxpx"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet1

Link to Excel File -> Here

I am open to better ways to store the data from columns E to M but it would be good to keep this structure as it is easier to populate.

Hope someone can help.

The solution to this may be value to others.

Last edited:
Ok, i with you on what you are trying to do, but to what end?
Are you saying your data set will change, meaning that column A may contain more than just 2 varients and in turn H:J and K:M could also have additional triple colum sets after them.

cheers

dave

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back