Excel for Mac - VBA to copy specific range from multiple workbooks into summary workbook

ericcartmenez

Hi everyone,

I am trying to automate a task to save time but my VBA knowledge is very limited. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I know that this question has been answered many times, but I have not been able to piece together code that works for my situation. Part of this might be that I am working on Excel 2016 (Office365) on Mac.

Here's my situation:

I have about 100 workbooks (sources) from which I would like to copy specific ranges into a new summary workbook (target).
All 100 source workbooks are formatted the same: They have 4 sheets of which only sheet 2 and sheet 3 have useful data.
I would like to end up with a target workbook with 2 summary sheets: one summarising all 100 sheet 2's and one summarising all 100 sheet 3's.

The source workbooks all have sheet protection for all sheets with the same password (which I know).

The source sheet 2s all have the details of the person filling in the sheet in E10-E15 and then rows of data in C19-W58. Some of the rows in that range may be blank.

The target summary sheet for this would ideally have a row for each row from the source C19-W58 range including extra columns for the details of the person who submitted the sheet (I understand this means that this information will be repeated for every row belonging to a user’s sheet, and that’s what I want).

I am looking to write code that will go through 100 source files and copy their content to the target file so that each entry takes only one row in the target file.
If I can do this for all Sheet 2s I can probably then easily adapt it to do all sheet 3s as well.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Just an update on this, I have managed to done most of this using Ron De Bruin's RDB merge script but unfortunately it still requires quite a bit of manual work to get it to whatI need.
Any help writing some via code to speed things up, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back