Excel Formula Help-If Statement

acool

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I am currently experiencing an issue with an if-statement formula that I am working on and was hoping to receive some help. In the current Data set shown, I am calculating a New Fee in Column C using the formula in the formula bar. After calculating this fee I am then multiplying this number by the number of returns per month to get the value in Column D. I am them summing all of these values in column D and multiplying by 12 to get the total value for the Year (D19). I was was hoping someone could help me create a formula which calculates the value for the year (D19) without using the values in Column D. I would somehow like to create a Sum product formula using Columns A, B and the formula in the formula bar to arrive at the value in D19. I'm trying to eliminate the Columns C & D and trying to fit everything into one formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!
1683304720688.png

I can't anderstand how, in cell D2, you have 1,5, if you're multiplying B2*C2... B2 is 0, so, D2 should be 0?

Decimals colapsed, rounded, or not...the result should be 0?
These are the true values here:
1683307133888.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
For some reason, when I enter the formula above I am get a value of 202 as opposed to 2426.86. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here

I don't know. Take out all rounding, AND formatting AND move decimal to 4 or 5 spaces; and compare number.

Upvote 0
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(B2:B18,IF(A2:A18*E1>5,5,A2:A18*E1))*12
But that doesn't match your result, which is why I asked for your data, not an image.

Upvote 0
For some reason, when I enter the formula above I am get a value of 202 as opposed to 2426.86. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here
i left out the multiply by 12. and with different rounding routines you may get a difference.

Excel Formula:
=12*SUMPRODUCT(($B$2:$B$8),ROUND(IF(($A2:$A8)*$E$1>5,5,($A2:$A8)*E$1),2))

Upvote 0
Solution
i left out the multiply by 12. and with different rounding routines you may get a difference.

Excel Formula:
=12*SUMPRODUCT(($B$2:$B$8),ROUND(IF(($A2:$A8)*$E$1>5,5,($A2:$A8)*E$1),2))
This Worked! Thank you Everyone for all of your help!

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back