Excel Formula to copy value and date to another cell based on date range

floppy ears

Hi All,

I need some help with creating an excel formula. On sheet one, i want to add a value ($100) on cell D5 and a date on cell E5.
Then, sheet two has all the months listed (january to december) down one column from cell A9 to A20.
If the date of E5 (on sheet one) equals March, then i want the value on cell D5 (from sheet one, $100) to appear on sheet two, on the cell next to the corresponding month (as it's march, i want to see $100 shown on cell B11, sheet two)

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Re: First time post - Need Excel Formula to copy value and date to another cell based on date range

A11 of sheet2=VLOOKUP(MONTH(A11),IF({TRUE,FALSE},MONTH(Sheet1!$E$5:$E$15),Sheet1!$D$5:$D$15),2,FALSE)
Shift+Ctrl+Enter(Array formula)

Upvote 0
Re: First time post - Need Excel Formula to copy value and date to another cell based on date range

Thanks for the reply. It doesnt appear to be working and has a #VALUE! error. Can you have one more look at it please?

A11 of sheet2=VLOOKUP(MONTH(A11),IF({TRUE,FALSE},MONTH(Sheet1!$E$5:$E$15),Sheet1!$D$5:$D$15),2,FALSE)
Shift+Ctrl+Enter(Array formula)

Upvote 0

Sorry, it is not "A11 of sheet2=" , "B11 of sheet2=" is correct.
Did you change the range? And it is not nomal formula. You have to press Shift + Ctrl + Enter simultaneously when set it.
Does the columnE of sheet1 and columnA of sheet2 have date? like 24/5/2017? or only like 5?

Upvote 0

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, i changed to 'B11 of sheet2'.

I still having errors. Should the date be 24/5/2017 or 5 or May?

Upvote 0

Both date should be "24/5/2017" for the formula.
Please tell me what are you going to type on E5?
And what value does A9 of sheet2 have? string? like "May"?

Upvote 0

All worked, thank you very much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back