Excel Formula

billyc

Hi,

I am a novice to excel. I have provided some mock information below, column A the Grade, B the score, I have calculated the column C using this function =IF(B2:B100>A2:A100,"Exceeding",IF(B2:B100<A2:A100,"Below",IF(B2:B100=A2:A100,"At")))
However, my issue is that I need to display the data in column C on a separate sheet. I cannot have it displayed on this sheet next to column B as the data is extensive in reality and this column will confuse the users. So my question is what formula do I need so that I can generate the column C information in sheet 2. Hope this is clear.

Thanks

A B C
Grade Score
1 3 Exceeding
1 1 At
1 1 At
2 1 Below
2 2 At
1 0 Below

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
use =AVERAGEIF($A$2:$A$8,A11,$B$2:$B$8), this will ignore blank cells and acknowledge zeros.

Upvote 0
Thank you...sorry trying to reply with three kids trying to press keys...I really appreciate your help. Have a nice evening.
Billy.

Upvote 0
Thank you...sorry trying to reply with three kids trying to press keys...I really appreciate your help. Have a nice evening.
Billy.

No worries, glad we had it sorted out, enjoy your evening with the kids!
Cheers.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Just put the formula in and for some reason it is not ignoring the blanks...sorry...should have double checked at the time.

Thanks
Billy

Upvote 0
More info. This is the formula I have used for my set of data. The answer is probably obvious!!! =AVERAGEIF($B$6:$B$31,A33,$E$6:$E$31)

Upvote 0
Just tried it in excel, it works, but just not working in google docs (excel), must be an issue with the transfer to google docs. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,

Just completing the thread in case anyone looks it up. So here is the formula used in google docs, could not leave cells blank so this is solving the issue for now.

Thanks
Billy

=IFERROR(AVERAGEIF($B$6:$B$31,<wbr>$A33,E$6:E$31),"no data")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back