Excel Global Macro for confirmation to run any other macro

purplefox

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help to find out if this is even possible.

Is there a way to have a global macro (one in personal book?) which when any other macro is triggered asks for confirmation that the user actually wants the macro to run? if then no selected the macro that had been activated is then exited?

Basically on a 3rd party finance tool there are two buttons, one is a retrieve data (Refresh), and the other is a submit data, they are right next to each other and it can happen that submit is clicked by accident rather than refresh. If you accidentally click submit there is no confirmation that you meant to click that button, it just runs, so it would be really useful for a safety macro to identify that a macro has been triggered and step in first to check that you didn;t make a mistake.

I suspect it isn't actually possible but look forward to hearing any suggestions..

thanks

Andy

I suspect you best bet is to contact Oracle & ask them if there is anything you can do.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Do you know of a way to get excel to tell me or log what things are called, i.e. if I press the refresh button, for it to log or display what the button is called, what macro is being called?
Which type of buttons are they ? ActiveX or Form buttons ? and are they imbedded in a worksheet ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back