Excel Graph help

Takes2ToTango

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am creating a graph that shows data over a two-year period. I have created a list of months coinciding with dates, as seen below. I then used these months to populate the X-Axis. However, for some reason, some months get duplicated while some don't. For the life of me, I cannot see why this is so. The 'Date Axis' and 'Bounds' does not appear either.

1692609957113.png

1692609974424.png

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
What is the axis interval set to? Your values are text, not dates, which is why you don't have date axis options available.

Upvote 0
What is the axis interval set to? Your values are text, not dates, which is why you don't have date axis options available.
Axis interval is set to 1. I have tried changing this but it seems to remove the ones that are not duplicated.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I meant the label interval.

Upvote 0
I don't see how that can be since it is clearly not showing every label. Is the 1 option actually selected or is it set to automatic?

Upvote 0
I don't see how that can be since it is clearly not showing every label. Is the 1 option actually selected or is it set to automatic?
Ah sorry it was set to automatic! I stupidly looked at the number and not the check box. It is set to 1 so I have played around and changed it, howeverit is doing the same with removing the months with no duplicates. Is there an easier way to set it up so that I can have 'mmm/yyyy' displayed along the x axis which also changes when the data does?

Upvote 0
You could use the actual dates for the axis values, and simply format the axis using a mmm-yyyy custom number format. Then you will have date grouping options such as showing ticks every month

Upvote 0
Solution
You could use the actual dates for the axis values, and simply format the axis using a mmm-yyyy custom number format. Then you will have date grouping options such as showing ticks every month
Thank you! Works great. I knew there would be an easier solution than what I was trying!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back