Excel help

sleepless

Hi all, please need help.

I have an excel example below, how do i create a formula to count the number of full days, holiday, unplanned etc to a person only like tom.

I have done a countif formula which counts all if it matches holiday but cannot get it down to count holidays to only tom's or tien's row.

Thanks for your help

That is going to make it very difficult to define the ranges like you need for the countif function. There is probably a way to do it with a loop in a macro or something else fun like that, but I think that's all over my head. I'm sure some of the real pros here can give you a hand. Best of luck.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hmmm... if you did the countif function for each row (make the range a1:a5 for example) you could then filter by name and add up the total from each row, or use the subtotal function to add it up as you filter. You would still have to pull each name to get the total though. I'll keep thinking.

Upvote 0
Does this formula do what you want?

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A999="Tien")*(C2:I999="Full day"))

The 999 represents a row number equal to or larger than the maximum row number you ever expect to put data in (change it to meet your specific future needs). Obviously, change "Tien" to "Tom" to count his full days. Also, if more convient, you can put the name in a cell, say for example purposes, J1 and then use that directly in the formual in place of the name. Also, if you want to search for something other than "Full day", then just change that part of the formula as necessary.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back