Excel is unable to automate Word

mpg_Saipan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings - I have been using a very generic bit of code for years to open a new instance of Word from an Excel macro. I recently reinstalled Office 365 and since then, the code raises error 429 (active-x component can't create the object). I should note that I can launch a new instance of Excel, or automate an open excel workbook, from a Word macro without any issues. Here is the code:

Set oWordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hi,
Seems the code-self has no problem. As I've searched with the error number, the following information has been found.
"It has been discovered that Run-time error 429 is almost always triggered when the affected application tries to access a file that does not exist, has been corrupted or simply hasn’t been registered on Windows for some reason."

Upvote 0
Thank you. You are correct that the code itself is not at issue. However, contrary to what the help file indicates, Word is operating as it should. I have reinstalled Office 365 twice since the error first occurred, and have run the repair tool. Thanks again for looking into this.

Upvote 0
You are welcome. Seems you've already tried reinstalling and repairing, so nothing I can suggest so far. What an odd error Word shows!
Hope somebody replies with other solutions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back