Excel Macro Help!

cpflyn01

****** name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered)"><style><!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face {font-family:"Segoe UI"; panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:8.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}.MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}.MsoPapDefault {margin-bottom:8.0pt; line-height:107%;} /* Page Definitions */ @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} /* List Definitions */ ol {margin-bottom:0in;}ul {margin-bottom:0in;}--></style>
Hey everyone!

Does anyone know how to write excel macros. I have come across a situation at work where we have 23 equipment packages being purchased, sowe have 23 different excel work books that are individually updated. We wouldlike to have one master spread sheet that if you run a macro updates based onthe latest information in the other 23 work books. Ideally, we would not haveto open any of the individual 23 work books when trying to update the masterdocument.

The information is pretty basic. No formulas or anything. The columns are set up as follows. (all 23 excel workbooks are set up with the same columns as well as the Master Document)

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>
A6 B6 C6 D6 E6 F6 G6 H6 I6 J6 K6
Package # Current Status Priority Resonsible Party Requested Info/Comment Response Requested By Approval Authority Date Requested Date Required

L6 M6
Date Received Notes

Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
the formatting for the way the document is set up is different then what I had typed out. Sorry about that!

A6: Package
B6: #
C6: Current Status
D6: Prioirty
E6: Responsible Party
F6: Requested Info/ Comment
G6: Response
H6: Requested By
I6: Approval Authority
J6: Date Required
K6: Date Due
L6: Date Received
M6: Notes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riley Johnson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back