Excel Save to PDF Page Size Issue

Jasuan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have been saving multiple sheets within our companies workbook to pdf since the pandemic started with no issues. When the pdf would open, all of the pages would be the exact same width. It seems an update to either excel or pdf has caused it to where now one of my sheets is about an inch wider than the other sheets. Any ideas if there is a setting in excel that became engaged with a recent update? I am an Office 365 for enterprise user.
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 201

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Can you compare the Page Setup for the sheets that are printing the way you want them to the Page Setup of the sheet that is printing differently.

The most likely thing to look at is Page > Paper size.
If that is the same you could try having a look at Margins as well.

1619529107906.png

Upvote 0
Can you compare the Page Setup for the sheets that are printing the way you want them to the Page Setup of the sheet that is printing differently.

The most likely thing to look at is Page > Paper size.
If that is the same you could try having a look at Margins as well.

View attachment 37594
Paper size and Margins are all the same. Only difference is the scaling. The page that is wider is adjusting to 63% and the more narrow pages are 78%.

Upvote 0
T
Paper size and Margins are all the same. Only difference is the scaling. The page that is wider is adjusting to 63% and the more narrow pages are 78%.
The scaling % you are giving are the opposite of what I would expect.
How are you determining that the page is wider ? eg if you open them both in the same pdf instance they you should wind up in 2 tabs of the the same window. Doesn't the white part take up exactly the same amount of the screen ?

If not then in the PDF view are they both using the same magnification

First image compares 2 pdf outputs.
They have the same physical page size in pdf view but the print out leaves more white space in the first one because the Print Area includes a lot more columns.
This can happen because a print area has been set that includes a lot of blank columns or there is something further down the page that is much wider than what you are seeing on page 1.
This would explain the scaling being 63% on the "wider" page.

1619534538560.png

Here the physical page looks smaller in pdf but that is because the pdf scaling is 75% while the above were 129%

1619534611880.png

Upvote 0
The sheets all open as a single pdf. In my initial post, you can see a screen shot. The white area on top is the first page, and the bottom white area is the second page and beyond.

My save procedure is to select all sheets I want, and save it as a pdf.

I have been saving in this way since March 2020.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I was trying to communicate there is no difference in magnification. Here is an updated screenshot.
Capture2.JPG

Upvote 0
I didn’t realise it was in the same PDF file. Can you confirm the wider page is not set to landscape ?

PS: I am Australia and it’s 1:20am here, so will log off now.

Upvote 0
I will have a bit more of a look tomorrow. I didn’t try to print multiple sheets to the one PDF file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back